The Desert Fox Kalahari is a rugged off-road motorcycle rear bag, backpack & aircraft cabin luggage compliant bag, all in one.
Designed specifically for rugged off-road use, yet with a multi-pronged approach to on & off the bike functionality.
One bag. Many uses.
An easy to fit, stable 4 -point mounting system makes it suitable for mounting on the rear seat or tail rack of your bike.
A removable waterproof inner ensures the contents are protected from rain, dust & mud.
The Kalahari is also equipped with integrated backpack straps that tuck away neatly into the base of the bag which is padded for additional comfort,
Perfect for daily commuting and weekend trips, it is manufactured from Bullet proof 1680 D Ballistics nylon.
Ballistic nylon refers to a very specific type of nylon fabric that has been engineered for unrivalled abrasion & tear resistance. In fact, its original intended purpose was for the protection of aircraft personnel to protect them from shrapnel and other debris that were the result of gunfire, artillery shell explosions, and other ballistic impacts (hence the name)
Although ballistic nylon was originally created for flak jackets, its durability, cutting & tear resistance (in all directions) has made it useful for non-combat applications.
As an example Ballistic nylon is used in chainsaw protective chaps covering the front of the chainsaw operator’s legs. Such chaps are usually made with an outer layer of a smooth synthetic fabric, with plies of ballistic nylon inside. When the moving chainsaw chain contacts the chaps and tears the outer layer, the strength of the tear resistant ballistic nylon inners will generally stop the moving chain quickly by causing the drive clutch to slip. As a result, the operator is relatively or completely uninjured by the chain.
1680 D Ballistics nylon does cost more however for demanding applications it is the first choice for premium luggage systems.
Click on any picture to enlarge
- 6061-T6 heavy duty aluminium buckles.
- Outer flap covers additional items you may wish to lash on top of the bag.
- Additional pocket under outer flap for rainsuits, tools or any wet items that require separating from the main bag.
- Integrated luggage straps for under or over outer flap use.
- Manufactured with tough 1680 D ballistics nylon. & waterproof tarpaulin.
- Removable inner bag: 500 D high frequency welded seams ensure the contents are 100 % waterproof . No need for a rain cover. Simply remove the inner bag at your destination.
- Integrated backpack straps with stowaway pocket.
- Padded back for off bike use.
- Easy mount cam locks & subframe loop straps.
- Carry handles on both sides.
- 40L volume.
- L 55 cm W 40 cm H 20cm
- High strength cast aluminium cam buckles for a 4 point secure mount.
- Dual Side openings roll down- No zippers that can fail.
- 100% water & dustproof inner.
- 1680 D high tear & abrasion resistance ballistics nylon construction.
- Can be mounted on the rear seat or tail section.
- Easy to mount with no tools required.
- Waterproof inner bag- no need for a rain cover.
- Easy access to contents while on the road- Dual side openings allow access without having to remove the bag from the bike.
- Easy to remove the inner bag at your destination.
- Can be used as a back pack on or off the bike.
- Additional integrated luggage straps for securing fuel cells, tents, camping chairs , sleeping bags & stretchers on top of the bag.
- Quick access mesh pocket under outer flap for cell phones, cameras, maps etc.
- Additional pocket under outer flap for rainsuits , tools or any wet items that require separating from the main bag.
- Carry handles on each side.
- Dual strap holders (elasticized and Velcro ) to keep straps from flapping.
What's in the box?
1 x Desert Fox Kalahari Multi Purpose Rear Bag & Backpack
1x 500 D removable waterproof inner bag.
4 x Tie down straps.
1x Storage bag.